According to subsection 23 ( 2 ) of Act 700 , all complaints must be made in writing. Complainant can download a complaint form here and send through channels as follows:
- walk in to the Commission;
- a letter;
- e-mail to email@example.com or
- contact the Operations Division ( Complaints ) on line 03 8888 6618/2184/6509 for more information.
COMPLAINT HANDLING PROCESS BY COMPLAINT AND INQUIRIES SECTIONS
Preliminary investigation will be conducted by Complaints Section towards any complaints received to ensure the validity of the complaint. After preliminary investigation is completed, Deliberation Paper that contained findings and recommendations of the action will be tabled and discussed in the Complaints Committee. If the preliminary investigation findings and recommendations of the Advisory Paper agreed upon, the paper will be brought to the Commissioner’s Meeting for consideration and decision of the Commissioners. The Commissioner’s Meeting will decide as follows :
- full investigation to be conducted towards the complaints; or
- the complaints referred to the relevant Disciplinary Authorities ( PBT )
- the complaints referred to the Anti-Corruption Commission ( MACC );
- the complaints referred to relevant Disciplinary Authorities and MACC;
- the complaints referred to the Public Prosecutor; and
- the complaint was rejected.
If the complaint is decided to be fully investigated, Investigation Section will conduct full investigation towards the complaint.
The findings of the investigation will be presented again at the Commissioner’s Meeting for consideration and decision of the Commissioners.
After considering the complaint, the Commissioners will decide as follows:
• misconduct complaint is not substantiated ;
• misconduct is a disciplinary offense and complaint is referred to the relevant Disciplinary Authorities; and
• misconduct complaint is a criminal offence and referred to the Public Prosecutor .
The chart below briefly describes the handling of complaints:
To find out the complaint process in more detail click here.