Act 700 empowers the Commission to set up a number of parts for the purpose of assisting the implementation of the functions provided in section 4 of Act 700.
The established divisions are:
a) Operations Division;
b) Legal Division;
c) Policy, Research, Innovation and Secretariat Division;
d) Corporate Communications Division;
e) Management Services Division;
f) Finance and Procurement Division;
g) Information Technology Division;
h) Integrity Unit; and
i) Internal Audit Unit.
Operations Division consists of Complaints Section and Investigations Section. Sectoral distribution of operations are as follow:
- PDRM Complaints Unit - Carry out a preliminary investigation regarding the complaints lodged against the PDRM
- Other Agencies Complaints Unit - Carry out a preliminary investigation regarding the complaint made against other agencies
- PDRM Investigations Unit - Carry out a full investigation of the complaints lodged against the PDRM
- Other Agencies Investigations Unit - Carry out a full investigation of the complaint made against other agencies.
Generally there are 9 statutory functions carried out by the Operations Division, which are:
- To receive, investigate and hold hearings on complaints of misconduct of law enforcement agencies;
- Establish mechanisms for detecting, investigating and preventing misconduct enforcement agencies;
- Protecting the public from the misconducts of enforcement agencies;
- Monitoring the operation and procedures of enforcement agencies;
- Promoting awareness and education integrity;
- Formulate legislative and administrative measures recommended to the Government;
- Review the procedures and propose recommendations for improvements of enforcement agency;
- Held a tour to the enforcement agencies premises to ensure law and SOP are compliance and make recommendations for improvements; and
- Do all things expedient or necessary for the implementation of the Commission's functions.
- To provide legal advice to the Commission and to represent the Commission in Court proceedings, if any
- To draft and propose amendments to the law, if necessary
- To peruse legal document that affects the Commission
- To assist the Commission in a hearing as provided in section 34(4) of Act 700
- To coordinate matters related to the Parliament
POLICY, RESEARCH, INNOVATION AND SECRETARIAT DIVISION
Policy and Research Section
- Prepare Annual Reports Commission.
- Coordinate the Study Commission.
- To coordinate matters related to Key Performance Indicator (KPI) of the Commission
- Coordinate all relevant input for Outcome Based Budgeting (OBB)
- Provides Strategic Plan Commission
- Coordinate Innovation programs
- Coordinate and provide input regarding on the basis for the Commission's approval
- Plan and prepare the Department's innovation program as well as manage and coordinate its implementation.
- Conduct activities to encourage creativity and innovation among departmental and industrial staff.
- Help to create, guide and stabilize innovative and creative groups (KIK) in order to achieve a level of distinction.
- Manage and organize trips for Commissions Meeting
- Prepare section meetings files
- Be responsible on the Commissions regarding with all the formalities; such as visits of the Commissioner, the Commissioner invitation for any Occasion / Meeting etc.
- To assist / support the Commissioner for any other official duties, if necessary.
- Arrange all matters relating to Meeting Minutes
CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS DIVISION
- Official channel information of the Commissions.
- Conduct publicity campaigns and carry out assignments involving with public relation.
- Identify, collect and translate news and important issues published.
MANAGEMENT SERVICES DIVISION
Human Resource Management Section
- Manage the recruitment, vacancy filling, appointment, placement and exchange of permanent / contract / loan-based officers.
- To manage the affairs of work, acting and promotion.
- Manage allowances and service facilities for officers.
- Manage all types of leave such as leave due to given services (vacation / holiday half pay / leave without pay), leave for medical (sick / extended sick leave / maternity leave, etc.), leave for Pilgrimage and holidays not-recorded leave.
- Secretariat Panel of Human Resources Development (HDR) convening to confirm SKT LNPT, annual salary movements (PGT) and Distinguished Service Award nominations.
- Manage the need for restructuring organization and role position.
- Monitor the HRMIS administration.
- Plan, execute, supervise and manage Plan of Operations training and courses.
- Manage Student Recruitment from Higher Learning Institutions (Internship).
- Manage Accident Insurance Protection (group) facilities.
- Responsible for managing medical claims processing.
- Administrative units are one of the major components that support the delivery of services in the Division. In addition, the Administration Unit is responsible to give further assistance in coordinating and planning customer service (Complaints Counter), vehicles, records management, security and utilities besides house keeping.
- Manage the affairs of correspondence, file procedural arrangements including opening and closing files.
- Manage all aspects of administration at management office.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget allocation.
- Management of employees on personnel matters, administration and services.
- Manage and organize meetings between the parties involved in project execution.
- Record and document related matters.
- Inspect purchasing process.
- Responsible for all aspects related to placement of new officers.
- Monitor and coordinate vehicles order and maintenance.
- Monitor and coordinate counter and complaint management in the Department.
- Managing room bookings, office equipment and inventory.
- Maintain cleanliness and cheerfulness of the office.
- Coordinate the Quarterly Report from the Ministry / Department / PTJ to be presented in JKPAK Meeting to be held once in every three (3) months (Procedure KP Government Mobile Asset Management 2.3 / 2013 Registration).
- Design, implement and coordinate the security system of the Commissions.
- Carry out inspection and internal investigation concerning breaches of security.
- Ensuring the safety of the complainant / witnesses / persons pitted / Commissioner / officers and staff of the Commission.
- Ensuring the Commission Official Secrets document are well-protected.
- Manage the delivery of the subpoena to the witness.
FINANCE AND PROCUREMENT DIVISION
Payment and Account Section
The main function of Financial Section is to plan, manage and control the financial position of the Commission.
Planning, manage and control the financial of Commission involving: -
- Preparation of Annual Budget;
- Payment Management;
- Salaries and allowances management;
- Accounting management;
- Preparation of periodic reports including the Annual Financial Statements; and
- To ensure all financial activities are controlled by the Treasury Instructions, Circulars and guidelines in force.
Main function of Procurement Section is to manage all procurement of supplies, works and services involving the Commission: -
- Managing procurement by Direct Purchase / Committee B Quote / Quotation / Tender;
- Local Order Processing application;
- Managing committee for the Appointment of Committee B Quote, Quotation or Tender;
- The Secretariat of the Committee B meeting Quote, Quotation or Tender;
- Provides Earnings Reports; and
- Ensure that all procurement activities conducted by the Treasury Instructions, Circulars and guidelines enforced.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION
- Plan, manage, coordinate and provide information and communication technology (ICT) facilities to the Commission
- To provide technical support in the management of ICT equipment
- Implement the use of ICT in enhancing the effectiveness of the delivery system in the tasks involved
- Maintain official website as well as information technology and communication (ICT) Commission
Responsible for the six (6) core functions, which are:
Ensuring the implementation of effective governance;
- Strengthening Integrity
Ensuring the implementation and institutionalization of the organization and implementation of integrity;
- Detection and Verification
-Track and verify complaints criminal misconduct and violations of the code of conduct and ethics of the organization and ensure that appropriate actions are taken; and
-Reporting of criminal misconduct to law enforcement agencies responsible;
- Complaints Management
receive and take action on all complaints / information on criminal misconduct and violations of the code of conduct and ethics of the organization;
Ensuring compliance with the laws and regulations; and
Performing secretariat function of the Disciplinary Board.
INTERNAL AUDIT UNIT
The Internal Audit Unit is an independent unit that provides consultancy in the objective to add value in operational and management activities as well as to help the organization achieve its objectives through a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of controls and governance processes.
The Internal Audit Unit can help the organization achieve its objectives through the following points:
- Improve the management of the organization's internal controls.
- Help organizations to identify vulnerabilities and practices that are in conflict with the current regulations and propose recommendations on how an issue can be resolved.
- Help organizations improve accountability and integrity in financial management.